With the recent transfer of the uncyclopedia.org domain to Wikia by Uncyclopedia's founder, Chronarion, I think we should finally decide the fate of wookieepedia.com. It can't remain in flux forever. There are two questions:
- If WhiteBoy chose not to, or became unable to, maintain the domain, what would be its fate?
- What benefits will a potential takeover by Wikia offer, if any? Will they agree to use the domain name as the primary one?
Hmmm...that is a cause for concern. Wikipedia has managed to get along for quite awhile...the same might apply here. But, unfortunately Star Wars is a topic that presumably is losing interest since they have not made plans for upcoming movies in the saga. But, Sikon does have a point. The fate of wookieepedia is undecided. Or, as master Yoda would say...
"Clouded, the future is. Strong is the dark side now."
- In whatever case, Wookieepedia will persist, at starwars.wikia.com, which is its current domain. wookieepedia.com is a redirect maintained by WhiteBoy. - Sikon [Talk] 16:45, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'd say transfer it to Wikia. Kuralyov 17:55, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- Maybe there should be a vote or a poll or something about it in the CT.- Darth Rabbit
- Yes, interest is waning because of no more movies, but people should keep an open mind and anticipate the television series. SW will live on forever. -- Riffsyphon1024 15:50, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yes! Yes! To Riff, you listen! :P Adamwankenobi 18:56, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- Given that the domain name is WhiteBoy's property, I don't think it's proper for us to tell him what to do with it. jSarek 01:40, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Well...we know that but we are users of the domain, so we should at least have some say in it. - Darth Rabbit