Foundry was a planet in the Colonies.
Prior to the Clone Wars, Foundry was one of many worlds used by the Techno Union to manufacture B1 battle droids. Its workers designed the powerful B3 ultra battle droid. It was one of five places where such production was stopped by the Techno Union to give the illusion battle droids were no longer being produced, whereas in reality such droids were being mass-produced in secret Outer Rim Territories facilities such as Geonosis. The planet was rich in the minerals hfredium, kammris and dolovite: metals vital in construction of starships, as well as for the construction of durasteel, ceraglass, and chromium.
By 4 ABY, the planet had become an Imperial fortress world. Foundry and nearby Commenor were abandoned by the Empire in 6 ABY, when New Republic forces moved to the Colonies from the Kashyyyk system.
- (Mentioned only)
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:4:12 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 67
- The Cestus Deception (Mentioned only)
- World of Fire! (First appearance)
- The Word for World is Death! (Appears in flashback(s))
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare