The Freedom One was a blaster rifle manufactured by the SoroSuub Corporation. It was formerly known as the Stormtrooper One prior to SoroSuub changing its allegiance and throwing its support to the Rebel Alliance and New Republic. The Stormtrooper One was a clone of the BlasTech E-11 rifle, and saw far less use than that weapon, though the Imperial war machine did use both products.
Its frame was a simple tubular design, with most of the internal components having been designed to wrap around the barrel. As such, the barrel runs more or less the entire length of the weapon. As a result, it had good long range accuracy in spite of its compactness, and packed a powerful punch, though not nearly as much as BlasTech's A280.
There were three settings for the Stormtrooper One: single fire, short bursts, and potentially barrel-damaging full auto-fire. The weapon's sighting package included a computer-enhanced scope, and simple iron sights in case the scope fails in combat. The most apparent weakness of the rifle was the flimsiness of the folding wire-frame shoulder stock.
- Star Wars Galaxies - Imperial Mission Terminal mission "Stormtrooper One Blaster" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (As "Stormtrooper One")
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen (As "Stormtrooper One")
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (As "Stormtrooper One")
- The Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (As "Stormtrooper One")
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (as "Stormtrooper One blaster rifle")
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 12 (BLA3, BlasTech E-11 Blaster Rifle)
- Strongholds of Resistance