FreiTek quickly became a major manufacturer of military vehicles. They were open supporters of the New Republic; their first major design, the E-wing escort starfighter, was created specifically for the New Republic.
Unfortunately for FreiTek, the E-wing was initially rejected by the New Republic due to its inferior weaponry systems. After forming an exclusive weapons division, the craft was accepted and was utilized frequently. FreiTek supported their R&D department by selling upgrade kits for older starfighters.
The FreiTek founders eventually took control of Incom after the corporation was liberated from the Empire. The FreiTek Marque would become the weapons and avionics division of new Incom.
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (As "FreiTek")
- "The History of R-Series Astromech Droids"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare