Frogs were green non-sentient amphibians, widely known as good jumpers. They lived in the watery environments of various planets, including Belsavis and Haruun Kal. Occasionally, entire swarms of frogs rained down from the skies of a planet. Various species, both sentient and non-sentient, were metaphorically referred to as "frogs."
Biology and appearanceEdit
Frogs were green-skinned, hopping animals with a short body, protruding eyes, four limbs and a long tongue that could flick in and out of their mouth quickly. Frogs lived in large groups gathered in watery areas such as pools and streams. On the world of Belsavis, a cold planet exposed to electrical storms, frogs were a common prey of the mooklas and pittins. Presumably, frogs could also be found on Haruun Kal, since Nick Rostu once called his enemy Kar Vastor as a "frogswallower"—among other colorful epithets. Sometimes, entire swarms of frogs seemed to "rain" from a planet's atmosphere.
Metaphorically, several creatures were also called "frogs," including the gorgs or the worrts, both species from Tatooine. Some sentient amphibians like the Rybet were also said to be "froglike," and the Serps from Serphidiwere sometime called "frog-mouth." When the young Anakin Skywalker, a Human from Tatooine, first met the Gungan named Jar Jar Binks, he initially called him "the frog man" before finding out his identity.
Other frog speciesEdit
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Anakin Skywalker (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (Non-canonical mention)
- Star Wars (1987 video game) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 64: Serphidian Eyes (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Season Scepter"
- Children of the Jedi
- Darksaber (Mentioned only)
- An Apology (Non-canonical mention)