Fuel was the term used for a variety of substances, including hypermatter, used to power vehicles. In at least some eras, fuels were divided into grades with shipping grade being seen as one of the lower qualities. This kind earned its name from it use in powering the freighters that ran interstellar commerce, but was also employed in other manners. Peragian fuel was one such. Mined from the Peragus Mining Facility of Peragus II, it was notorious for "wreaking havoc with the engines". It was, however, admitted to "get the job done". Another such fuel was anthracite, which was occasionally left exposed in piles.
Malastare was a leading provider of liquid fuel to the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. After the Republic, led by Jedi Master Mace Windu and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, helped eliminate the threat of a newly awakened Zillo Beast, Malastare signed a treaty to join the Republic and continue providing much needed fuel to keep their war machine running. Rhydonium was also a highly explosive fuel mined on Abafar in the Outer Rim Territories.
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid" (Mentioned on computer screen only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Fuel on Wikipedia