- "By the light of Lothal's moons."
- ―The secret code phrase used by Fulcrum
Fulcrum was a title used by several Rebel informants in the years leading up to the Battle of Yavin. Former Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano proposed the idea and was a notable Fulcrum agent. Agent Kallus from the Imperial Security Bureau was another Fulcrum and informed the rebellion that several Imperial cadets at the elite Skystrike Academy wanted to defect to the rebels. Captain Cassian Andor of the Alliance to Restore the Republic was a Fulcrum recruitment agent in the Albarrio sector.
Following the establishment of the Galactic Empire, the former Padawan and Jedi Purge survivor Ahsoka Tano became the manager of Senator Bail Organa's intelligence network, which was part of the rebellion. She adopted the codename Fulcrum, which later became the code name for other rebel operatives within the network.
By 5 BBY, the Spectres rebel cell leader Hera Syndulla kept in touch with Fulcrum, who supplied her cell with information about Imperial targets. While Hera was privy to Fulcrum's true identity as Ahsoka, she kept this information a secret from the rest of her team members, including the Mandalorian weapons expert Sabine Wren. Following an attack on an Imperial convoy, Sabine demanded to know Fulcrum's identity and insisted on accompanying Hera on a supply mission to Fort Anaxes on asteroid PM-1203.
After the Spectres rescued the Imperial defector Tseebo from Lothal in 4 BBY, Hera arranged for him to be spirited away into hiding aboard one of Fulcrum's CR90 corvettes. Following the capture of the Spectres rebel and former Jedi Padawan Kanan Jarrus, Fulcrum contacted Hera by hologram and counseled Hera not to rescue Kanan in order to avoid exposing the rebellion's existence to the Empire. However, the Spectres persisted with their rescue mission and destroyed Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's Star Destroyer Sovereign. Later, Fulcrum dispatched members of the Phoenix Squadron to rescue the Spectres and chose to reveal herself to Hera's fellow rebels.
Building a RebellionEdit
Although Ahsoka was presumed dead after her duel with Vader on Malachor, her codename survived and was later adopted by several other rebel spies and operatives, including the disillusioned Imperial Security Bureau Agent Kallus and the Rebel Alliance recruiting agent Cassian Andor. In 3 BBY, Kallus used his Fulcrum pseudonym to inform Phoenix Squadron about the presence of Imperial cadets seeking to defect to the rebellion at the Skystrike Academy. As a result, Sabine mounted a rescue mission and managed to recruit the starfighter pilots Wedge Antilles and Derek Klivian.
Later, when Ezra, Kanan, and Chopper undertook an undercover mission to infiltrate and steal plans for Grand Admiral Thrawn's TIE Defender initiative, the rebels were aided by Kallus. Kallus identified himself as a Fulcrum operative using the code phrase "by the moons of Lothal." He helped the rebels escaped with the plans. After studying the rebel attack, Thrawn realized that the Empire had a spy within their ranks who was leaking information to the rebels.
Kallus later used his Fulcrum pseudonym to aid the Phoenix rebels by leaking intelligence about Thrawn's E-XD infiltrator droids. Using this information, the rebels Garazeb Orrelios, Chopper, and AP-5 overpowered EXD-9 before it could reveal Chopper Base's location to the Empire. They then reprogrammed the droid into an improvised warhead and used it to destroy one of Thrawn's Star Destroyers. Fulcrum later contacted the Spectres to thank them for their creativity in tackling the infiltrator droids. However, Thrawn managed to narrow down his search for the Phoenix Squadron's base to 99 systems.
Afterwards, Thrawn solicited the help of the ISB Colonel Wullf Yularen in identifying and hunting down Fulcrum. Thrawn and Yularen believed that the spy was a sector command staff member and Imperial officer who had access to classified information. After learning that Thrawn was monitoring Fulcrum's transmissions, the Spectres mounted a mission to rescue Kallus. During the course of the mission, the rebels also deleted Atollon from Thrawn's star chart. Kallus managed to stall the investigation by implicating Lieutenant Yogar Lyste as Fulcrum. However, Thrawn and Yularen privately deduced that Kallus was actually Fulcrum since he had concealed the arrest of Ezra Bridger.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness" (First appearance) (Voice only)
- Ezra's Duel with Danger (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces" (Voice only)
- Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight (Mentioned only)
- Kanan 6: The Last Padawan, Epilogue: Haunt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope" (Mentioned only)
- Battle to the End
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead" (Voice only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novel
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Secret Mission
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ahsoka
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels – "An Inside Man"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes"