- "Qui-Gon's body burned slowly, as if the spirit had lingered on and was putting up a last fight ... Obi-Wan stared at the silhouette until it was consumed—until the contours of the heroic face burned into his heart and mind, the places where Qui-Gon's soul would always live. And always advise..."
- ―Obi-Wan stands in the night, gazing at the funeral pyre of his Master Qui-Gon Jinn, remembering, amidst the roll of drums and the release of doves into the rising ashes that disappeared on the wind.
Once he defeated the Sith Lord, Obi-Wan Kenobi moved his master's body to the city's funeral temple, where a traditional Jedi funeral was held in his honor. Many Jedi were in attendance, including Grand Master Yoda, Mace Windu, and several members of the Jedi High Council. Non-Jedi attendees included Queen Amidala, Boss Rugor Nass, newly-elected Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker, and Jar Jar Binks, among several others. The events of the funeral nearly caused Queen Amidala to cancel the victory celebrations that had been planned for the following day out of respect for the late Jedi Master, but she reconsidered after Kenobi informed her that Jinn would have wanted her to continue with the celebration.
The death of Qui-Gon left Anakin feeling depressed. The separation from his mother and the realization that Padmé was the Queen of Naboo left him feeling insecure about his future direction. Obi-Wan promised Anakin that he would become a Jedi. Likewise, during the funeral, Windu and Yoda acknowledged that the Sith had indeed returned and began to speculate that there was likely another Sith Lord in adherence with the Rule of Two, though they were unsure as to whether the Sith who had killed Qui-Gon had been the master or the apprentice. Unknown to the two Jedi Masters at the time, however, the Sith Master, Darth Sidious, was present at the funeral under the public persona of Palpatine.
- Darth Plagueis
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Queen Amidala
- Episode I Adventures 15: The Final Battle