- "I wasn't strong enough to save you, Mom. I wasn't strong enough. But I promise I won't fail again. I miss you...so much."
- ―Anakin Skywalker, during his mother's funeral
In 22 BBY, a funeral was held for Shmi Skywalker Lars at the Lars moisture farm on Tatooine. The funeral followed her death one month after being captured and imprisoned by Tusken Raiders. She was recovered from the Tusken Raider camp by her son, Padawan Anakin Skywalker, who returned her body to the Lars farm after slaughtering the Tuskens within the camp. Shmi was buried at the farm with a gravestone marking her grave. The gravestone was later removed by her stepson, Owen Lars.[source?]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- "Beru Whitesun Lars"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, in which this subject appears, is set as Year 10. Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, in which the Battle of Yavin takes place, is set as Year 32. Therefore, it can be deduced using simple math that the mission to rescue Shmi Skywalker Lars takes place twenty-two years before the Battle of Yavin. . "0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36" (