- "Hiya folks. I'm G2-4T. I run this operation. Now if there's anything I can help you with..."
G2-4T was a G2 repair droid that worked for the Star Tours travel agency. He claimed G2-4T was short for G2-4TT45579982DWP-40PST, which was just his first name. He provided security for outgoing flights and made small talk with tourists and passengers as they passed his security station. He was very surly with his coworkers and passengers, and often hated his job, although he found its benefits in that he could find a way to give insulting things to say to his passengers, much to his superiors' dismay. He also had a rivalry with G2-9T that was intense enough that it would give even a droid headaches if they witnessed their bickering.
During the early stages of the Galactic Civil War, he acted as a security officer manning the thermal scanning area of Spaceport THX1138. In order to ensure the safety of the passengers, he also was programmed to recognize suspicious behavior within Humans, including sweating, blinking, talking, laughing, and breathing. However, the programming performed too well, causing the G2 droid to be overzealous in suspicion regarding passengers.
He continued his work up to 4 ABY.
After the company closed, the droid found work with Talon Karrde.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "In order to keep you safe, I have been programmed to recognize all forms of suspicious human behaviors, including sweating, blinking, talking, laughing, and breathing. Hmm. You're all acting very suspicious."
This droid can be seen at Star Tours. Hasbro released G2-4T as an exclusive Star Tours action figure, which was sold only in Disneyland. He was voiced by Imagineer Mike West, who served as the ride's show producer.
- Complete Guide to Star Tours
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See G2 droid)