The GLX Firelance, also called the SoroSuub Firelance blaster rifle or simply SoroSuub Firelance, was a lightweight blaster rifle manufactured by SoroSuub. It was first released during the last years of the Old Republic.
The Firelance was very popular with bounty hunters for several reasons. It had a highly effective stun setting, making it useful for taking down targets and bringing them back alive. Another advantage was that it was lighter than similar blaster rifles in its class, weighing as little as a carbine. This made it easy to carry especially when tracking targets over long distances. Finally, the Firelance lacked any of the standard corporate or governmental markings, making the weapon untraceable. As a result of high sales to bounty hunters, SoroSuub began marketing the Firelance as "the most effective weapon available for freelance law enforcement officials."
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 347 ("GLX Firelance")
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide indicates that this weapon has the range of a rifle. Specifics of this range are detailed in the Saga Edition Core Rulebook.
- ↑ Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- ↑ For Fun and Profit