The GR-75 medium transport was a transport used by the Rebel Alliance and its predecessors during the Galactic Civil War. At least three were used by the rebellion, and a number served at the Battle of Scarif. They served as an escape craft to evacuate the rebels from an assault on Hoth, and also participated in the decisive Battle of Endor. The transport had a small bridge near the rear and had deflector shields.
Behind the scenesEdit
The GR-75 transport first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. Ultimate Star Wars published in April 28, 2015 identifies it as the GR-75 transport, however the official Databank entry lists it as a "GR-75 medium transport."
During production of Empire Strikes Back, they were nicknamed "tuna ships" in production, and the actual model had a slight pink cast to it. Despite being transports, they were included in the battle scenes of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi only because more ships were needed, but no in-universe explanation of their presence has been given.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Lost Stars webcomic (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Rogue One, Part V
- Rogue One, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (Post-1997 releases)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Princess Leia, Part IV
- The Weapon of a Jedi, Part 1
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II
- Vader Down, Part I
- Star Wars 19: Rebel Jail, Part IV
- Star Wars 26: Yoda's Secret War, Part I
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Storms of Crait
- Star Wars: Commander (Appears in artwork)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire
- Shattered Empire, Part II
- Star Wars: Uprising (Wreckage only)
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (as "GR-75 transport")
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files – Deluxe Edition
- (First identified as GR-75 medium transport)
- ; image #5 (of 8) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Rebel Files – Deluxe Edition
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader (Card: )
- ↑ screenshot) . "Since people seem interested. These were called "tuna ships" in production, and the actual model has a bit of a pink cast to it." (
- ↑ screenshot) . "The only "real" answer is because the ESB model existed and ROTJ needed ships. Anything in-universe hasn't been said." (