The GR-75 medium transport was a transport used by the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War. They were used since the early rebellion where one of them got destroyed on a supply mission and two more got destroyed in the Battle of Atollon. At least ten served at the Battle of Scarif. Thirty of them served as an escape craft to evacuate the rebels from an assault on Hoth where only thirteen got away, and at least sixteen[source?] also participated in the decisive Battle of Endor. The transport had a small bridge near the rear and had deflector shields.
Behind the scenesEdit
The GR-75 transport first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. Ultimate Star Wars, published on April 28, 2015, identifies it as the GR-75 transport, but the official Databank entry lists it as a "GR-75 medium transport."
During production of The Empire Strikes Back, they were nicknamed "tuna ships," and the model had a slight pink cast. Despite being transports, they were included in the battle scenes of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi because more ships were needed, but no in-universe explanation of their presence has been given.
- (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (as "GR-75 transport")
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Armada – Rebel Transports Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- (First identified as GR-75 medium transport)
- ; image #5 (of 8) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Armada – Rebel Transports Expansion Pack
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ screenshot) . "Since people seem interested. These were called "tuna ships" in production, and the actual model has a bit of a pink cast to it." (
- ↑ screenshot) . "The only "real" answer is because the ESB model existed and ROTJ needed ships. Anything in-universe hasn't been said." (