|Chronological and political information|
Gaff was a male Kobok living on Roon during the early days of the Galactic Empire. He was the aide-de-camp to Governor Koong of the Tawntoom province. Gaff was a yellow-skinned humanoid with three orange compound eyes—the third was located in the back of his head.
A male Kobok from Roon, Gaff left his homeworld to make a name for himself in the galaxy's criminal underworld. Like all members of his species, Gaff had stingers on his arms that secreted a potent poison, able to knock humanoids unconscious, though Koboks were also susceptible to their own poison. Over time, honed his skills as a bounty hunter, assassin, and spy. He often wore a Koboth Insurgent Mantle, although it was not known if Gaff actually participated in the Mavvan Conflict, a brief war involving his species and the Galactic Empire. Gaff eventually returned to Roon, where he allied himself with Governor Koong—a low point in his career, by his own estimation.
Koong dragged Gaff into a number of schemes to curry favor with Admiral Terrinald Screed, though none went according to plan. Eventually, Koong tried to kill Screed for betraying him, and destroyed the Tawntoom Citadel, with Gaff inside. Luckily, the Kobok survived the blast.
- Star Wars: Droids—"Tail of the Roon Comets" (First appearance)
- Escape from the Monster Ship: A Droid Adventure (Adaptation of "Tail of the Roon Comets")
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Roon Games"
- Star Wars: Droids—"Across the Roon Sea"
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Frozen Citadel"
- Star Wars: Droids toy line (Cut)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive (Picture only)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- "The Toys That Never Were"—Star Wars Insider 92
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Proto Power!"—Star Wars Insider 128