The Galactic Alliance Department of Justice, also referred to as the Ministry of Justice, was a branch of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. It was formed as a organization of the Galactic Alliance to replace its predecessor, the New Republic Ministry of Justice. The Justice Department was in charge of prosecuting cases and enforcing law and order. It also operated the Alliance Marshals who conducted investigations for the Department and performed other tasks as needed including escorting prisoners to and from court.
After the Solo-Niathal coup, the Justice Department handled the government's prosecution of the deposed Chief of State Cal Omas. However, Omas and his attorneys complained due to the fact that the Department did not charge him with anything until an extended period following his arrest. The matter never went to trial as Omas later killed himself.
In the aftermath of the Second Galactic Civil War, Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker was charged with dereliction of duty for allowing Jacen Solo to fall to the dark side of the Force and take over the Alliance. The trial ended in a 10 year exile for Skywalker unless he could find the reason Jacen fell to the dark side.
As the relationship between Chief of State Natasi Daala and the Jedi Order deteroriated, the Chief of State and was able to have Jedi shadowded. The Alliance Marshals were assigned as Jedi supervisors to make sure that Jedi Knights obeyed Galactic Alliance law.
Later, the Justice Department ordered Trinnolt Makken to investigate the death of Acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner. Hamner had been killed in a lightsaber duel by fellow Jedi Master Saba Sebatyne. However, the Justice Department was unsure if a death during a lightsaber duel could be considered a crime to charge Master Sebatyne with.
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (as Justice Ministry)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (as Justice Ministry)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (as Justice Ministry)
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen (as Justice Ministry)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (as Justice Ministry)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice (First identified as Galactic Alliance Department of Justice)
- Legacy of the Force: Revelation (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss
- Fate of the Jedi: Backlash (Indirect mention only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Ministry of Justice")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- ↑ Crucible
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- ↑ Fate of the Jedi: Abyss