|DD-13 medical assistant droid|
| Production information
DD-13 medical assistant droid
| Technical specifications
Various surgical tools on modular arms
|Chronological and political information|
- "Ubrikkian needs to re-design the DD-13 immediately! Lord Vader detests our droids, and as of today, we're at serious risk of losing the entire Imperial contract."
- ―From Ubrikkian Steamworks internal documents
The DD-13 stood on a tripod and was equipped with modular arms, allowing it to be customized with whatever tools were needed for the operation. Its sensors were located in its cylindrical head.
DD-13s were originally intended to be used on Ubrikkian-produced medical transports. When the plans for them fell through, they were then shipped to battlefield medical units on the front lines of the Clone Wars. It was there, due to its purpose of installing implants and organ transplants, where soldiers gave it its nickname of "Galactic Chopper droid". Soldiers also drew black humor from the fact that Ubrikkian was known for producing heavy machinery as opposed to delicate medical tools.
After early Ubrikkian medical units were used to create the cyborg Grievous, at least one DD-13 was used in the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center. Darth Vader hated the DD-13s that attended him, and personally blocked the renewal of Ubrikkian's Imperial medical droid contract. Ubrikkian Steamworks retired the line shortly thereafter, to fully focus their attention to the more profitable DD-19 "Overseer" labor pool droid.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Evasive Action: Prey
- Star Wars: Rebellion 1: My Brother, My Enemy, Part 1
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)