The Galaxies Opera House was located in the upper levels of the Uscru District, overlooking the levels below it. It had two, large arching entrances where speeders could unload their passengers. Within the entrances, steps led to the inside corridors wrapped around the main theater performance arena that was circular with seating areas on all sides. In the waning days of the Galactic Republic, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine maintained a private viewing box which had a premier view of the performance arena.
Shortly after the Battle of Coruscant, the Mon Calamari play Squid Lake was performed at the Galaxies Opera House. Chancellor Palpatine attended the performance when he invited Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker to join him. Palpatine, secretly the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious, told Skywalker the tale of Darth Plagueis and his attempts to cheat death. The story and Palpatine's manipulations were a major step in bringing Skywalker closer to the dark side of the Force.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Revenge of the Sith Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 9: The Dying Light, Part III
- ; image #15 (of 18) (as "Coruscant Opera House")
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Galaxies Opera House)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded