A galaxy was a massive, gravitationally bound assemblage of stars, an interstellar medium of gas and dust, and an unknown type of dark matter. Typical galaxies contained ten million to one trillion (107 to 1012) stars, all orbiting a common center of gravity. Galaxies could have also contained a large number of multiple star systems and star clusters as well as black holes and various types of nebulae.
- "The galaxy," home of most known life, civilization, and the Galactic Republic.
- Yuuzhan Vong galaxy, the home galaxy of the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Rishi Maze, also known as Companion Aurek, a satellite galaxy located north of Kamino.
- Firefist, also known as Companion Besh.
- Companion Cresh
- Companion Dorn
- Companion Esk
- Companion Forn
- Companion Grek
- Hundreds of billions of other galaxies in the universe, including ones whence some mystery ancient species came, or the one the Brodo Asogans visited.
- Galaxy on Wikipedia