Galaxy Tours subsidiaries owned a number of the most profitable resorts in the galaxy, including the well-known Nara Parks and Towers of Pantolomin. The travel firm also offered a wide variety of sail barge vacation packages for both businesses and individuals and was a contributing sponsor of the Corporate Sector Authority.
A few months before the start of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, the Vice President of the company was Bronwynn Koft. That year, the Senate of the Galactic Republic approved a surtax on passengers traveling via registered starliners such as Galaxy Tours, a decision against which Koft complained. Some time later, the transit tax made it difficult for refugees to reach the galactic capital of Coruscant, at the expense of Galaxy Tours.
Sometime during the Galactic Civil War, prior to the Rebel Alliance retaking Coruscant, Galaxy Tours had a four-week galactic tour, which involved the Kuari Princess stopping at, in order of the weeks, Tatooine, Endor, Bespin, and Coruscant (at that time known as Imperial City).
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (First mentioned)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- The Essential Guide to Warfare