Gamandar was a planet in the Mid Rim. It was in the same system as Iskalon and Telfrey and was considered the twin of Iskalon itself. It was a rocky world inhabited by the red-skinned Gamandar race. After the Bothans stole the Death Star II plans, the Galactic Empire brutally subjugated Gamandar. They enslaved its people and made the planet into an Imperial fortress world. From Gamandar, Admiral Griggor Tower launched the attack on Iskalon that caused the Iskalon effect. Darth Vader was infuriated by the attack, which threatened the life of his son, Luke Skywalker. Vader killed Tower.
- Star Wars 74: The Iskalon Effect (First appearance)
- Star Wars 75: Tidal
- Star Wars 76: Artoo-Detoo to the Rescue
- Star Wars 77: Chanteuse of the Stars... (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 82: Diplomacy (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 85: The Hero (Mentioned only)