Gamorreans were a sentient species of green-skinned porcine humanoids that hailed from the Outer Rim planet of Gamorr. They grouped themselves in clans, each of which was led by a warlord and a Clan Matron. A number of Gamorrean guards were employed by the crime lord Jabba the Hutt throughout his career.
Biology and appearanceEdit
A species of tall, strong bipeds, the Gamorreans had porcine traits, like an upturned nose with large nostrils, jowls, and tusks. Their hulking bodies were covered in green, thick and hairless skin. They had five digits on every extremity, each sporting a hard nail. The digits of their hands included an opposable thumb, which allowed the Gamorreans to easily grasp and handle objects. The species had two sexes: the males, referred to as boars, and the females, called sows.
Society and cultureEdit
Gamorreans had a clan-based society. Each clan was ruled by a female leader, the Clan Matron, and a male leader, the Warlord. Although the sows farmed and hunted while the boars waged wars, the Gamorrean society was in fact a matriarchy. Indeed, a Warlord held his position by way of marriage to a Matron rather than force, although Matrons did make their selections based on the boars' combat skills. Gamorreans saw war as glorious, and violent clashes between clans were rife.
Because of their low intelligence, Gamorreans tended to be both stubborn and loyal. They had a language of their own that sounded like mere grunts and squeals to outsiders. Although they could understand other languages, such as Galactic Basic, they found most of them too difficult to pronounce.
Technologically speaking, the Gamorreans were primitive, and they favored melee weapons like vibro-axes and vibro-lances over blasters. They never discovered space travel on their own. Moreover, Gamorrean boars failed to maintain personal hygiene, rarely changing their clothes or wiping the streaming mucus from under their snouts.
Gamorreans in the galaxyEdit
Offworld Gamorreans were a common sight, be they mercenaries or enforcers working for crime lords. Most notably, the Hutt gangster Jabba Desilijic Tiure employed Gamorrean guards throughout his career. Uncharacteristically, a Gamorrean worked as a clown in Preigo's Traveling World of Wonder at the time of the Clone Wars.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Race on Tatooine"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Test"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ The Force Awakens: Head-to-Head
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ "Eyes on the Prize"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 6
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku"
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Warlord Throsk"
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Gamorrean Warlord"
- ↑ Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"