Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gamorrese was just a bunch of lexicon, mainly nouns and verbs plus a few adjectives, with a primitive syntax. Although apparently there were no declensions in Gamorrean, it was unclear if the word order provided the meaning of the sentences.
Gamorreans used Gamorrean words as their names, so that the meaning of a Gamorrean name is, more or less, some kind of threat. Other Gamorreans could be intimidated if they hear "I am Ortugg", or "I'm going to Ortugg you".
Although Gamorrese did not have a sophisticated written language it did have a very basic runic alphabet which was used for record keeping, accounting and genealogy. The runic alphabet was only typically used by educated sows although a fair number of boars could read them slowly. There were known to be several variations of the runic alphabet. Since Gamorreans encountered in the galaxy were mostly males it was generally considered that the Gamorreans had no written language.
There was no word for "calculus" in Gamorrese. The closest expression translated as "big nasty math".
One of the Gamorrean dialects was called Vregg.
Glossary of termsEdit
- arg'garok - Gamorrean axe
- dinn - adjective, ("inclined to drool excessively")
- gnorn ("Cowardice" - closest word to "Cunning" and "knowledge")
- gweek - adjective, ("strong")
- muh - ("Outlander", not native to Gamorr)
- m'uhk'gfa - Gamorrean battle armor
- oink - a deadly insult that might start a war
- scabwit - a derisive term
- thogk - Traditional Gamorrean club ("log with a spike in it")
- urrjsh or urrsh - command, ("stop")
- v'lch - ("unmarried sow") - often used derogatorily
Behind the scenesEdit
Gamorrese, although not identified as such, appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. In the films, it was composed primarily of porcine squealing and grunts. It was later given text in X-Wing: The Krytos Trap.
- Knight Errant
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 1
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- "Murder in Slushtime"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- Planet of Twilight
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (as Gamorrean) (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (as Gamorrean)
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons (as Gamorrese)
- Secrets of Tatooine (as Gamorrean)
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook (as Gamorrean)
- Ultimate Alien Anthology (as Gamorrean)
- Ultimate Adversaries (as Gamorrean)
- No Disintegrations
- Operation: Elrood
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide (as Gamorrean)
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (as Gamorrean)
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- "From Page to Screen and Back Again..."—Star Wars Insider 145