Gamorrese was just a bunch of lexicon, mainly nouns and verbs plus a few adjectives, with a primitive syntax. Although apparently there were no declensions in Gamorrean, it was unclear if the word order provided the meaning of the sentences.
Gamorreans used Gamorrean words as their names, so that the meaning of a Gamorrean name is, more or less, some kind of threat. Other Gamorreans could be intimidated if they hear "I am Ortugg", or "I'm going to Ortugg you".
Although Gamorrese did not have a sophisticated written language it did have a very basic runic alphabet which was used for record keeping, accounting and genealogy. The runic alphabet was only typically used by educated sows although a fair number of boars could read them slowly. There were known to be several variations of the runic alphabet. Since Gamorreans encountered in the galaxy were mostly males it was generally considered that the Gamorreans had no written language.
There was no word for "calculus" in Gamorrese. The closest expression translated as "big nasty math".
One of the Gamorrean dialects was called Vregg.
Glossary of termsEdit
- arg'garok - Gamorrean axe
- dinn - adjective, ("inclined to drool excessively")
- gnorn ("Cowardice" - closest word to "Cunning" and "knowledge")
- gweek - adjective, ("strong")
- muh - ("Outlander", not native to Gamorr)
- m'uhk'gfa - Gamorrean battle armor
- oink - a deadly insult that might start a war
- scabwit - a derisive term
- thogk - Traditional Gamorrean club ("log with a spike in it")
- urrjsh or urrsh - command, ("stop")
- v'lch - ("unmarried sow") - often used derogatorily
- Star Wars Droids: The Kalarba Adventures 1
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- "Elusive"—No Disintegrations
- X-wing: The Krytos Trap (First appearance)
- X-wing: Wraith Squadron
- "Murder in Slushtime"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- Planet of Twilight
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (as Gamorrean) (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- No Disintegrations
- Operation: Elrood
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide