The Ganath Cloud was a large, highly radioactive gas cloud covering the planet Ganath that effectively cut it off from the rest of the galaxy. Its outer drifts reached the fringes of the Y'Toub system and the Oktos Route skirted along the nebula giving rise to the nebula also being called the Oktos Nebula.
During the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Jedi Knight Empatojayos Brand was shot down by Darth Vader near the cloud where he fell through and discovered the planet Ganath. As a result of this, Brand became the planet's king.
While fleeing bounty hunters, the Millennium Falcon went directly through the cloud to lose them, running into Ganath patrols. Boba Fett's Slave I began patrolling around the cloud, waiting for the Falcon to come out. After being equipped with the lightning gun, the Falcon left Ganath and sent Slave I spiraling into the clouds.
- "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Empire II audio drama
- Dark Empire II 4: Battle on Byss (First appearance)
- Dark Empire II 5: The Galaxy Weapon
- The Essential Guide to Characters (Indirect mention only)
- Handbook 3: Dark Empire
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Oktos Nebula)
- The Written Word
- Lords of Nal Hutta