In the galaxy, gangsters were usually criminals, who participated as members of criminal organizations. As far as the cosmos spanned, gangsters were prevalent. The visibility of their activities ranged from low-level extortion rings or drug-trafficking, such the sale of death sticks by the Bando Gora crime organization, or the robbery and hijacking of starships and their freight, by Bogga the Hutt and his Enforcers. Other gangsters engaged in much more widespread and obvious forms of illegal activity, such as the numerous slavery rings run and operated by the various Hutt clans. Sometimes known as thugs, gangsters often engaged in extortion, intimidation, bribery, and even murder to wield influence or instill fear in individuals or organizations.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (First Edition)
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth: A Guide to the Tales of the Jedi Universe, Part 2"—Star Wars Insider 27 (Mentioned only)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Far Orbit Project
- Pirates & Privateers
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia