- "One thing's for sure. We're all gonna be a lot thinner!"
- ―Han Solo
In 0 BBY, upon freeing Princess Leia Organa from the Death Star's Detention Level, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Luke Skywalker were temporarily stranded inside garbage masher 3263827, along with the princess. Owing to their armor and weapons, garbage chute sensors believed that they were recyclable waste. They were then attacked by a carnivorous dianoga, and they nearly died when masher's walls started to close in order to compress the waste it contained. However, Skywalker's droids C-3PO and R2-D2, who had remained behind in safety, managed to disable all garbage compactors on the Detention Level of the Death Star, thus saving the rescue team from a gruesome death.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD (First identified as garbage masher 3263827)
- "The Baptist"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars 31: The Screaming Citadel, Part II (Indirect mention only)
- Bloodline (Indirect mention only)