- "Lord Trioculus, are you aware that there are others who claim to be the new ruler of the Empire? I have been to the planet Gargon. There, Grand Admiral Grunger says he is our new leader. And he has a fleet of thirty star destroyers!"
- ―A member of the Royal Guard, to Trioculus after the Battle of Endor.
- "Oh, come on, Chewie. We've gotten into more heavily guarded places than that—"
"Frowh rahgh rahrahraff vrawgh gr."
"Well, the spice vaults of Gargon, for one."
- ―Han Solo and Chewbacca
The world was a noted spice production site. Sometime prior to joining the Rebel Alliance, Han Solo and Chewbacca broke into Gargon's spice vaults and received double payment as a result of the successful theft of spice.
Grand Admiral Miltin Takel was from Gargon. Grand Admiral Josef Grunger aided Takel's second in command to patrol Gargon due to reports of albino-skinned marauders around 3 ABY. He betrayed the fellow Grand Admiral and took over the planet following the Battle of Endor. Despite an unsuccessful attempt by Takel to oust him, Grunger continued to use the planet as his headquarters, until he was killed at the Battle of Tralus in 5 ABY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First mentioned)
- The Glove of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals"—Star Wars Insider 66
- "25 Years of Return of the Jedi!"—Star Wars Insider 105
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas