Garindan, sometimes referred to as Long Snoot, was a male Kubaz informant who provided information about the location of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and R2-D2 to the Galactic Empire during a battle on the desert world of Tatooine.
Born on the planet Kubindi, Garindan was a male Kubaz informant who operated in the port city of Mos Eisley on Tatooine during the Galactic Civil War. During a battle on the remote desert world, the forces of the Galactic Empire searched for two droids, C-3PO and R2-D2, who had escaped from Imperial forces during a battle in orbit. The search was primarily to find the stolen plans for the Death Star, which R2-D2 was carrying for the Alliance to Restore the Republic. The droids came into the protection of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker, who chartered the Millennium Falcon for passage to Alderaan. Hired by the local Imperial authorities to locate the droids, Garindan overheard Kenobi and Skywalker say that they would be meeting the ship's captain, Han Solo, and its co-pilot, Chewbacca, in Docking Bay 94 in Mos Eisley. Garindan provided this information to Imperial stormtroopers, who made their way to Docking Bay 94 and fired upon the Millennium Falcon in a failed attempt to stop it from escaping Mos Eisley.
Personality and traitsEdit
- Bounty Hunt
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- "The Secrets of Long Snoot"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Commander (Appears in artwork)
- Star Wars: Card Trader (First identified as Long Snoot)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Garindan)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Force Collection
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia