- "And you'd better remember that there are nasty creatures lurking in the purple botanical paradise that's supposed to be Garqi."
- ―Jaina Solo, to her brother Jacen
Garqi was an agriworld and the sector capital of Tadrin subsector, in the Outer Rim Territories. Natural elements in Garqi's crust gave the native plant life a purple coloration. From space, the planet appeared a beautiful, hypnotic violet color. It was the source of the beans used to make caf.
Garqi was aligned by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. During the Outer Rim Sieges in the late stages of the war, the Confederacy of Independent Systems battled Republic forces on Garqi. In response, the Galactic Republic sent an army under the Jedi General Traavis. A squad of Clone commandos, Aiwha Squad, was responsible for the Republic victory on Garqi. Their exploits included recovering victims of war from the planet's numerous villages, notably the young child, Evan, who they escorted to the Republic encampment on the planet. Although the incoming deactivation of all Separatist droid forces would ultimately mean victory for the Grand Army of the Republic, General Traavis would be lost during the conflict when Aiwha Squad murdered him due to the execution of Order 66.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Prior to the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, the Galactic Empire established a military garrison on the planet. Despite the destruction of the second Death Star, the Empire still held on to Garqi, keeping its inhabitants in check through the Garqi Eagle Squadron. However, the population continued to resist the Empire, with much of the movement originating from the Garqi Agricultural University, located near the planetary capital of Pesktda.
After Corran Horn left the Corellian Security Force, he came to Garqi on the run from the Empire. The University students knew him through his droid, Whistler. Working undercover as an aide to Imperial Prefect Mosh Barris, Corran helped many political prisoners escape from Garqi. Two of the prisoners were Dynba Tesc and the Duros trader Lai Nootka. After the Empire was driven from Garqi, the planet joined the New Republic.
Yuuzhan Vong WarEdit
- "Did you expect we did not know of the sightings of Yuuzhan Vong on Garqi?"
- ―Traest Kre'fey to Borsk Fey'lya in the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Garqi was conquered by the Yuuzhan Vong. The New Republic was forced to abandon the population, who went underground, resisting the alien invaders. It was later discovered that the Yuuzhan Vong were using the planet as a training ground for their Chazrach slaves. A Jedi-led force scouted the planet in a battle in 25 ABY, and succeeded in divining a terrible flaw in Yuuzhan Vong crab-shell armor as it came into contact with Ithorian bafforr tree pollen from the botanical gardens in Pesktda. The gardens were destroyed to conceal this information, but the Yuuzhan Vong discovered the effects of the pollen, and destroyed Ithor as a result.
Garqi would remain under the control of the Yuuzhan Vong for the remainder of the war, until the galaxy was liberated by the Galactic Alliance in 29 ABY. After this time, Garqi was absorbed into the Imperial Remnant, deep in its space during the Second Galactic Civil War and, by 137 ABY, remaining in the possession of the Fel Empire and subsequent Empire-in-exile.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 (Mentioned only) "
- Omega Squad: Targets (Mentioned only)
- "Orders"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4
- "Descent"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4 (Mentioned only)
- "Missed Chance"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7 (First appearance)
- X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Union
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide II: Ruin
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Who's Who in the New Jedi Order"—Star Wars Insider 57
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy"—Star Wars Insider 89
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook