A gas giant was a type of planet that was primarily made up of gaseous layers. Most were made primarily of hydrogen and helium, with some methane; a rare few had oxygen-rich layers within their atmospheres which were capable of supporting a life zone. Gas giants usually had many moons due to their high mass and gravity, and some also possessed spectacular systems of planetary rings. Famous gas giants included Bespin, Endor, Taloraan, and Yavin Prime.
A type of gas giant were the Jovian planets.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Han Solo Affair
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: Reunion on Tatooine)
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and references
- Gas giant on Wikipedia