Gaxxan brain-slugs were creatures native to the Gaxxa system that were capable of killing an individual. By 3956 BBY, such a fate had befallen the Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta, who was killed by a gaxxan brain-slug left on his pillow.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Gaxxan brain-slugs in the galaxyEdit
By the year 3956 BBY, the Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta had been killed by a gaxxan brain-slug that was left on his pillow. The mercenary's custom power suit had prevented his enemies from succeeding with more conventional attacks.
Behind the scenesEdit
The gaxxan brain-slug was first mentioned in the 2003 BioWare video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The creature's only mention in the game was in the item description for Jurgan Kalta's power suit. In 2008, the brain-slug was mentioned in Jurgan Kalta's entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, although it was referred to as a "gaxxon brain-slug." This article was written with the assumption that the original spelling was correct.
Neither the game nor the Encyclopedia gave any information on the creature's level of sentience, its appearance, or how the creature killed Jurgan Kalta. While the Encyclopedia mentioned that Kalta was active before the Great Sith War, which occurred during the year 3996 BBY, the Encyclopedia and the game do not mention when the gaxxan brain-slug killed the mercenary.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kalta, Jurgan") (as gaxxon brain-slug)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by jasonfry on 12/11/07 7:59am; accessed October 19, 2012). Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Gaxxa system as the location for one such homeworld.
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 196 ("Kalta, Jurgan")
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology