Geonosians were a winged, insectoid species native to the planet Geonosis that created nests in large, spire-like colonies on their homeworld. Geonosians were a caste-based species, and each hive was led by a queen. The queen laid eggs for the hive, and provided orders to the public leaders of Geonosis. Queen Karina the Great was able to control sentient beings, including her own Geonosians, with brain worms.
During the reign of Archduke Poggle the Lesser, Geonosis became a member of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Separatists used the Geonosians to create the Separatist Droid Army. This eventually led to a large battle between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists on Geonosis. The Geonosians were the ones responsible for creating the plans for the Death Star. Following the Clone Wars, their homeworld was sterilized by the Galactic Empire, nearly exterminating the native Geonosian population.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" (Appears on viewscreen)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Tarkin (Appears in hologram)
- "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- "The Face of Evil" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded