- "Species is known as Geran; suit is for protection and breathing apparatus, not meant as insult."
Geranites, also known simply as the Geran, were a species of Near-Humans that inhabited the planet of Geran in the Mneon system. Their features usually consisted of pale shades of purple, blue, green, and pink skin tones, white eyes, and three-digit hands. To survive offworld, they needed to carry special containers filled with hydron-three, and often wore specialized suits to sustain their needs. Their religion was based on a belief in the Sky Seraphs. Doallyn was one of the best known members of the species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First identified as Geran)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Out of the Closet: The Assassin's Tale"—Tales from Jabba's Palace
- "Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale"—Tales from Jabba's Palace
- "Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...?"—Tales from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60 (First identified as Geranite)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Geran")
- The Essential Reader's Companion