- "Standard operating procedure for the Empire. Especially when the Emperor's in his punitive mode."
- ―Boba Fett, to Bossk
The cities and towns of Gholondreine-β were renowned across the galaxy for their scholars and philosophers, who taught that all sentient beings held their highest loyalty to truth, regardless of temporal consequences.
The Gholondreine were reluctant to implement the changes of the New Order, and around 10 BBY, the planet's scholars began publishing critiques of the Galactic Empire's rule. As punishment, Emperor Palpatine ordered the seas of the planet totally drained and the water taken to Coruscant. The dying desert world was then seeded with Ithorian crawlers that would exude biotoxins into the soil, and abandoned as the inhabitants fled to nearby systems.
- Slave Ship (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Aurra Sing: Dawn of the Bounty Hunters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion