|Maximum speed (atmosphere)|
At least 1
- "This is my ship you're wrecking!"
- ―Hera Syndulla
The Ghost was a modified VCX-100 light freighter originally made by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. It was named for her ability to evade Imperial sensors. Although an old vessel with a few dogfight battle scars from the Empire, she still performed reliably.
The ship had a nose turret gunner station underneath the cockpit section, with a dedicated gunner seat, and a 360-degree dorsal laser cannon turret midships. The vessel had a crew section at the front half, with two of the four main cargo holds making up the forward corners of the ship. The ship had port and starboard docking rings, like a majority of Corellian light freighter designs. If there was no nose gunner available, the pilot could control the nose turret from the cockpit. Behind the cockpit was the crew's quarters, consisting of four private rooms. By the the engine arrays were the two rear-facing main cargo holds, making up, as the two forward ones did, the rear corners of the ship. On the roof of the ship, in the back, rested a small attack shuttle called the Phantom. The vessel had engines which were baffled, energy dampeners, and static jammers to make it hard to detect. These functions meant that on sensors the Ghost appeared as solar fluctuations or cosmic radiation. The Ghost had enough forward firepower to destroy a Gozanti-class cruiser.
The Ghost was owned and captained by the Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla. Her crew included the Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus, former Lasan Honor Guard Zeb Orrelios, astromech droid Chopper, and Mandalorian weapons expert/artist Sabine Wren.
At one point, Jarrus and Syndulla decided to raid an Imperial supply convoy. They were chased by several TIE/LN starfighters, and in the midst of the battle the shields went out. Chopper was ordered to fix them, but then the communications were knocked out. Chopper was then ordered to fix it, but Jarrus countermanded that and told the droid to focus on the shields. Jarrus shot one TIE fighter with the dorsal turret, and Syndulla piloted the Ghost behind another one, and destroyed it using the forward cannons. Chopper then went to the Phantom and used its cannons to destroy the last one.
At another time, the Ghost needed to escape from the Imperials on Lothal. Wren infiltrated an airbase with the call-sign Spectre Five. She was able to deploy a paint bomb, allowing the Ghost to slip away undetected.
Behind the scenes
The Ghost was first unveiled on July 27, 2013 at Celebration Europe II, as part of some concept art for the series. When it was unveiled, it received a great deal of applause. In addition, several Rebel pins also contained hidden hints to locating schematics of the ship online, which was eventually discovered to be the StarWars.com Blog's article, "Seen a ghost?."
- Star Wars: Kanan: The Last Padawan 1
- Angry Birds Star Wars II (Non-canonical appearance)
- A New Dawn
- Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Machine in the Ghost"
- Chopper Saves the Day
- Star Wars Rebels – "Art Attack"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Property of Ezra Bridger"
- Ezra and the Pilot
- Rise of the Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- A New Hero
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fighter Flight"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Out of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Idiot's Array"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Angry Birds Star Wars II
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (Rebels: Saving the Phantom)
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (Rebels Ghost Story)
- Club Penguin Star Wars Rebels Takeover
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 'Star Wars Rebels': Final hero revealed plus ALL the new characters together for first time. Entertainment Weekly (2014-02-20). Retrieved on February 20, 2014.
- ↑ LaSalata, Justin (2014-01-31, 12:25). Jedi News - Latest: Star Wars Rebels: Close Up of Zeb, Hera, Kanan, Stormtrooper LEGO Minifigs. Jedi News. Jedi News. Retrieved on February 2, 2014.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 LEGO Star Wars Rebels Sets At The Nuremburg. Groove Bricks (2014-01-28). Retrieved on February 1, 2014.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 A New Hero
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Star Wars Rebels CEII Pins Reveal Rebel Ship Schematics. TheForce.net. Retrieved on July 29, 2013.