Giju was the Herglic homeworld. Located in the Colonies, it was on the Rimma Trade Route and was one endpoint of the Giju Run. Giju was an aquatic-type world with large bodies of water and associated terrain including: expansive oceans, islands, marshes, and glaciers. Giju had many spaceports and manufacturing centers.
The Herglic developed hyperdrive around 27,500 BBY and colonized many nearby planets in what became Herglic Space, establishing the Herglic Trade Empire. The Trade Empire collapsed 13,720 BBY. In 12,720 BBY, the Herglic established contact with the Human colonists of nearby Tapani sector. The planet joined the Galactic Republic.
Sha Koon fought on the world during the Battle of Giju during the Clone Wars. When the New Order was being formed, this planet was one of the earliest to fall under Imperial control. In particular, manufacturing centers and spaceports were taken over, spurring a violent, yet brief, rebellion by the natives. After the Herglic people suffered gross massacres for their armed resistance, they yielded to the Empire's rule.
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Purge: Seconds to Die (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Elusive"—No Disintegrations
- Lords of the Expanse
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare