Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Gilbert's work truly stands the test of time. I had long admired his work on films such as A Hard Day's Night and Dr. Strangelove and I had the privilege of working with him on Star Wars. He was a true expert in his craft. Gilbert's inspired work will live on in the many films he contributed to throughout his long career."
- ―George Lucas
Gilbert Taylor was a British cinematographer from Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom. He is noted for filming Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- "George avoided all meetings and contact with me from day one, so I read the extra-long script many times and made my own decisions as to how I would shoot the picture. I took it upon myself to experiment with photographing the lightsabers and other things onstage before we moved on to our two weeks of location work in Tunisia."
- ―Taylor, on working on Star Wars
After six years of wartime service as an Officer in the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserves, he became an Operational Cameraman flying in Lancaster bombers documenting the damage after British bombing raids.
As Director of PhotographyEdit
- "Star Wars Cinematographer: An Interview with Gil Taylor"—Star Wars Insider 31
- "The Myth Maker"—Star Wars Insider 150
- Gilbert Taylor on Wikipedia