|Usage and history|
The gimer stick was a wooden cane used by Grand Master Yoda during the last decades of the Galactic Republic, and up until his death shortly before the Battle of Endor. The stick was made from the gimer bush, which grew on many worlds including Kashyyyk and Dagobah.
Yoda used his gimer stick as both a walking stick and a source of nutrients; gimer juice could be chewed out of the stick's bark, and was said to aid the Jedi Master in his meditation. This juice could keep Yoda alive for a while, were he to be without food. In his old age, Yoda also chewed on his gimer stick to release a natural anesthetic. Such canes were believed to symbolize the ancient wisdom of a Jedi Master.
At some point during his exile on Dagobah, Yoda obtained a new gimer stick. He was in possession of this gimer stick at the time of his first encounter with Luke Skywalker, as well as at the time of his death.
Behind the scenesEdit
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- "The Hidden"—Star Wars Tales 6 (Ambiguously canonical source)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back toy line
- The Empire Strikes Back Official Poster Monthly 3
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, First Edition
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: )
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia