Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Nothing beats gizka, though, when it comes to being a true pest."
- ―Dexter Jettster
Biology and appearanceEdit
- "Humansssss...taste like gizka."
- ―Anonymous Trandoshan
Whatever their native world, their extraordinary reproduction rate led to a fair amount of gizka on many worlds, even including uncharted planets such as Lehon, finding their way from the wreckage of crashed starships. It has been alternatively postulated that they came from that planet originally, spreading along with the Infinite Empire. Their exponential population growth led to them being considered pests on almost as many worlds as they inhabited as they commonly ate electrical wiring.
They were the source for the delicacy, gizka steak. Some species of sentient carnivores, like Trandoshans, seemed to think that gizka were one of those kinds of animals that "everything tastes like."
Behind the scenesEdit
In the The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, gizka are referred to as a "fish" which was prized by the Selkath of Manaan rather than a reptilian species. The species, according to the encyclopedia, is said to have possibly evolved from a more rabid native on Lehon about four millennia prior to the Galactic Civil War. This time frame would place the evolution of the gizka about the time Revan encountered them during his travels. Additionally, the encyclopedia states that Lehon was possibly the homeworld of the gizka. While the latter statement does not directly contradict canon, it canonizes the unknown origins of the species and the in-universe speculation.
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the gizka can be eliminated on board the Ebon Hawk using a pellet called Gizka poison. This poison can be obtained from various traders, most notably the alien trader at the Tatooine dock. Feed one gizka with the poison and it will attack and spread the lethal effect to its other species-mates and the "Trouble with Gizka" quest is complete.
Another way to get rid of the gizka is to pay Nubassa in the docking area on Manaan to help remove the gizka. A dark sided character can force their way to getting him to take them for free, or to pay you for them. If the player is patient enough to wait until they arrive on the Unknown World the gizka will leave the ship on their own, presumably due to the planet possessing a favorable environment for them.
Revan can interact with the gizka on the Ebon Hawk. If you chose to strangle them, they reproduce quickly.
The term gizka has been in use outside of the Star Wars universe, as the animal became the mascot and namesake of Team Gizka, the organization responsible for the Sith Lords Restoration Project, a modding project for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. It appears the team has indefinitely disbanded.
The Old Republic Edit
Gizka are among many types of passive follower pets that can be obtained by the player through play and the new Cartel Market bundle packs, as a random reward.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Knight Errant: Aflame 5 (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy: Loyalties (Mentioned only)
- Legacy 28: Vector, Part 9 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that xenologists across the galaxy believe the homeworld of the gizka could be the Unknown World of the Rakata.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic