A gladiator was any sentient being trained to fight with weapons against other sentients or wild creatures in an arena for public entertainment. Known gladiatorial competitions included the Stormblade Bloodfest, the Outer Rim Carve-up, the Arena Day and the Gladiator Night of Lothal. When Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker faced trial on Geonosis, Poggle the Lesser sentenced them to die while fighting in the Petranaki arena.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Ezra's Gamble (First identified as gladiator)
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- Darth Vader 8: Shadows and Secrets, Part II (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 5: Book I, Part V (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
Gladiator on Wikipedia