Glaucus was a Octeroid male who was also known by the nicknames "Big Guy" and "Big Eye". In 10 BBY, Glaucus spent time watching matches of sabacc in the Lodge on the planet Vandor-1 and witnessed matches between the smugglers Han Solo and Lando Calrissian. He prefered spectating to playing as other players could see his card values reflected in his eye.
In the year 10 BBY, the Octeroid male Glaucus spent time in the establishment known as the Lodge in Fort Ypso on the planet Vandor-1. While there he was one of many patrons who crowded around a table in the back room to watch and play games of sabacc.
While he stood by the table he witnessed matches involving the gambles Lando Calrissian, Argus Panox, Karjj, Therm Scissorpunch, Dava Cassamam, Lark and Jonk. As Glaucus watched, the smuggler Han Solo arrived and joined the game, eventually gaining the upper hand and a large share of winnings. Solo eventually lost it all against Calrissian, who cheated by using a concealed sylop card to win.
Personality and traitsEdit
Due to his limited grasp of Galactic Basic, Glaucus did not notice the difference between the two nicknames he was known by; "Big Guy" and "Big Eye". He prefered spectating to playing himself due to the fact that his hands were too small to conceal his cards and their values were often reflected in his eye, giving other players an advantage. The Octeroid had green skin and a yellow eye.
Behind the scenesEdit
Glaucus was created for the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story and was first revealed in the film's first trailer. Concept art of Glaucus title "Maverick 04" was created by creature concept designer and senior sculptor Ivan Manzella for Solo. The character first received identification in the reference book Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- (First mentioned)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Han on the Run
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Glaucus)
- The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide dates the portion of Solo: A Star Wars Story set on Vandor-1 to nine years after the founding of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the founding of the Empire to 19 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story