- "Greetings. I am Master Gnost-Dural, keeper of the Jedi Archives."
A Force-sensitive Kel Dor, Gnost-Dural was trained by the Jedi Order in the ways of the Force from an early age, studying at the Coruscant Jedi Temple while a Padawan. During his training as a Consular, at the advice of Jedi Master Bestros, the senior Padawan began to keep a journal as a means to record his thoughts and experiences which could later serve as a personal reference as well as material for the Temple Archives. As Gnost-Dural began exploring the early histories of the Jedi Order he uncovered forgotten records of Tython, the Force Wars, and the Infinite Empire. These discoveries would prove vital to the Order in the following decades. Continuing down the path of a historian, Gnost-Dural constructed his own green-bladed lightsaber as part of his training.
Great Galactic War
- "This is my first journal entry in several weeks, because we have been very busy since I was transferred to serve with the Republic fleet."
Four years after beginning his journal, the Jedi High Council bestowed upon Gnost-Dural the title of Jedi Knight. During the ceremony, the Kel Dor swore to uphold the Jedi Code and defend the Galactic Republic as part of his duty to the Order and the Force. It was upon this day that news broke on Coruscant of a bloody assault on the Tingel Arm; history would later remember this attack as the first appearance of the resurgent Sith Empire, last seen during the Great Hyperspace War nearly two millennia prior.
Dispatched along with hundreds of other able-bodied Knights to the Minos Cluster, Gnost-Dural and his compatriots hoped to end the Sith offensive there quickly and decisively. As the Sith met the Jedi in battle, the conflict continued to drag out. Digging in on the planet Eliad for several months, Gnost-Dural had fought many Sith troopers in the initial weeks but only once had an encounter with an actual lightsaber-wielding Sith. Despite the Jedi's initial concern at confronting the dark sider, he quickly realized that overconfidence was the Sith warrior's downfall and defeated him. Collecting the slain Sith's weapon, Gnost-Dural hoped to one day be able to return to the Temple Archives on Coruscant to enter it into the collection and studying it.
In the following weeks Gnost-Dural was transferred to the Republic Fleet where he was placed under the command of Admiral Greik and confronted and defeated the Imperial Battle Group at Bothawui. Despite this victory, the planet was eventually attacked a second time, resulting of the loss of Master Belth Allusis.
After years of fighting on the front lines of what was now known as the Great Galactic War, Gnost-Dural's petitions to the High Council were finally answered and he returned to Coruscant and the Temple Archives to conduct research on the origins of the Sith. During his research Gnost-Dural compiled a report to the Council detailing an historical account of the Sith Empire and his belief that the long-thought dead Sith Lord Naga Sadow was indeed the Sith Emperor leading the war effort against the Republic and the Jedi.
- "The Jedi Council requests I perform a daunting task….to revise the Order’s historical records in light of new revelations about the formation of the Sith Empire. Specifically, I’m to trace the conflict between the Empire and the Republic, the Sith and the Jedi, to uncover the roots of the struggle which now plagues us."
Gnost-Dural was a Jedi Master and the keeper of the Jedi Archives. In the years following the Treaty of Coruscant, the Jedi High Council tasked him with creating a new timeline of the event. His research during this time unearthed several previously unknown factors about the war and served as the basis for a new Jedi Library.
Behind the scenes
Gnost-Dural was voiced by Lance Henriksen.
As Gnost-Dural was Keeper of the Jedi Archives, it is likely that his name comes from the Greek "gnostos" meaning "knowledge."
Gnost-Dural has been confirmed as one of the main characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation.
- Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant (First appearance)
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken
- Timeline 3: The Return of the Mandalorians
- Timeline 4: The Empire Changes Strategy
- Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui
- Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire
- Timeline 7: Peace for the Republic?
- Timeline 8: The Jedi Civil War
- Timeline 9: The Mandalorian Wars
- Timeline 10: The Exar Kun War
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire
- Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation