- "If you ask the locals where the Goazon is, they'll tell you it's between Niima Outpost and the Kelvin Ravine. Or they'll say it's between Carbon Ridge and the Sinking Fields. Can't say you're in any of those places but know you're somewhere in between them? Then you're in the Goazon."
- ―Rey describes the location of the Badlands in her survival guide
The Goazon Badlands, also known simply as the Goazon, were a canyon zone on the planet Jakku, characterized by the presence of debris and wreckage of Imperial walkers and other vehicles. Depending on which locals were asked, it was either between Niima Outpost and Kelvin Ravine, or between Carbon Ridge and the Sinking Fields. It was vague to say whether one was in the Goazon unless they were not in one of those aforementioned places.
About one year after the Battle of Endor, the Badlands were the locations of one of the flashpoints between the Empire and Republic during the Battle of Jakku. Like in the Starship Graveyard, another massive field of wreckage, the Badlands were littered with many starships and Imperial walkers, one of which became the home to the scavenger Rey thirty years after the Battle of Endor.
- Forces of Destiny: Daring Adventures: Volume 1
- Star Wars Battlefront (First appearance) (DLC)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 2
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- The Force Awakens Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Sands of Jakku"
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "BB-8 Bandits"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log