|Chronological and political information|
Godherdt was a Human male captain who served in the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War. Godherdt was stationed on the Dark Lord Darth Vader's personal flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor. Godherdt was an elite fleet engineer and a key operator of magnetic signature sensors monitoring Star Destroyer hulls. In 4 ABY, Godherdt was present when Vader arrived aboard the second Death Star to oversee the battlestation's final stages of construction.
Captain Godherdt was a Human male who served as an elite fleet engineer in the naval forces of the Galactic Empire. He was a key operator of magnetic signature sensors monitoring Star Destroyer hulls. Godherdt was stationed aboard the Dark Lord Darth Vader's personal flagship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor, as a sensor monitor, keeping data on the integrity of the Super Star Destroyer's hull.
In 4 ABY, Godherdt was among the Imperial personnel present in one of the second Death Star's hangar bays when Darth Vader arrived aboard the battlestation to take direction of its lagging construction schedule. Vader informed the station's commander, Moff Tiaan Jerjerrod, that Emperor Palpatine was displeased with the Death Star's lack of progress and that he would soon be arriving himself to personally oversee the remainder of the Death Star's construction.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The opening scene of the 1983 film Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi was Captain Godherdt's first appearance, in which he awaited the arrival of Darth Vader on the second Death Star. He was played by an uncredited actor. The character was given a name and a brief backstory in the 2000 Death Star II Limited expansion set of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. He was later also given an entry in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
Godherdt was originally set to appear in another scene in Return of the Jedi, which was ultimately deleted from the film's final version, according to several images found on T-bone's Star Wars Universe fan Web site. The first four out of six images in the previous link show Vader and a group of Imperial officers (Godherdt included) heading toward the Death Star's docking bay to greet the Emperor upon his arrival, an extended version of a scene shown later in the final movie cut.
The 1997 Special Edition release of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back reuses the original footage from Return of the Jedi showing Vader's arrival on the second Death Star to depict Vader's arrival aboard the Executor, following his lightsaber duel with Luke Skywalker on Cloud City. As such, the actor who portrayed Godherdt can be seen in The Empire Strikes Back Special Edition alongside the other extras who portrayed Imperial personnel on the Death Star. However, the Godherdt character is not canonically established to appear in this Executor scene.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi PhotoComic
- Classic Star Wars: Return of the Jedi book-and-record (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Godherdt) (First identified as Godherdt)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Imperial Command) (Picture only)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Godherdt")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Captain Godherdt)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 349 ("Godherdt")
- ↑ T-bone (2003-06-03). T-bone's Star Wars Universe - Return of the Jedi - Off To See The Emperor. T-bone's Star Wars Universe. Archived from the original on November 12, 2007. Retrieved on December 22, 2010.