Gold was a strategic metal valued by sentient beings. Its value averaged ten to fifteen credits per gram. The color of gold also referred to anything that was colored like the metal. It was used to form the Hutt currency Peggats used in the Outer Rim Territories.
The bodies of the Maelibi seemed to be formed from molten gold.
Behind the scenesEdit
The metal "aurodium," which first appears in Rogue Planet, was presented as the Star Wars version of gold. The first two letters of aurodium are "Au", which is a common prefix for gold-related words and the periodic symbol for gold; however, gold has been identified simply as "gold" in other sources. There is some confusion as to whether gold and aurodium are identical.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- Pirates & Privateers
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Gold on Wikipedia