|Points of interest|
Mining technology components and equipment
- "The new mining colony on Goluud Minor desperately needs these components and equipment."
- ―Ssk Kahorr
Goluud Minor was a mining world that was located within the Goluud Minor system of the galaxy's Core Worlds region. By the year 5,000 BBY, a new mining colony had been established on the planet. In that year, the Cha'a merchant lord Ssk Kahorr sent his drone ship, the Zeta Five, to deliver much-needed mining technology components and equipment to the colony and sell them to the wealthiest of the competitive miners. However, the Zeta Five never arrived at Goluud Minor due to the drone ship's destruction by a solar flare from the unstable red supergiant star of Primus Goluud during the ship's navicomputer-recalibration stop in the Primus Goluud system.
- "My drone ship should be arriving at the mining world now… selling components to the wealthiest excavators so they can get a jump on the competition…"
- ―Ssk Kahorr
By the year 5,000 BBY, a new mining colony had been established on Goluud Minor, and the Cha'a merchant lord Ssk Kahorr of the planet of Koros Major had become one of the colony's major investors. In that year, the excavators on Goluud Minor were in need of mining technology components and equipment, so Kahorr sent his Cha'a drone ship, the Zeta Five, to deliver the supplies to the colony and sell them to the wealthiest of the competitive miners. However, the Cha'a merchant chose to send the Zeta Five along the Goluud Corridor—a recently-discovered hyperspace route that involved a navicomputer-recalibration stop in the Primus Goluud system. When the drone ship arrived at the system, it was destroyed by an unexpected solar flare originating from the unstable red supergiant star of Primus Goluud, and therefore the vessel never arrived at Goluud Minor.
Behind the scenesEdit
To date, the only in-universe mention of Goluud Minor has been in the first issue of The Golden Age of the Sith story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published on October 1, 1996 and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr. Later, the planet was mentioned in the entry for Ssk Kahorr in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia—a reference book published on December 9, 2008. The Goluud Minor system—and therefore Goluud Minor—was placed in grid square L-10 by the Appendix section of The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 1: Into the Unknown
- ↑ According to the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi comics, the Zeta Five was sent to Goluud Minor shortly before the Daragon siblings' hyperspace jump to the planet of Korriban, which is dated to the year 5,000 BBY by page 127 of The Essential Atlas.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 192 ("Kahorr, Ssk")
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 352 ("Goluud Corridor")