- "Gor, time to entertain our guests!"
- ―General Grievous orders Gor to kill the Jedi who have infiltrated his lair
Gor was a male roggwart whom General Grievous kept as a pet during the Clone Wars. Gor guarded his master's fortress on the third moon of the planet Vassek; he was tended to by the medical droid EV-A4-D whenever Grievous was away. Gor's body was covered in thick armor; on his back were four cybernetic limbs.
During the Clone Wars, General Grievous used his beloved pet roggwart, Gor, to protect his castle on the third moon of Vassek. Grievous ordered his medical droid, EV-A4-D, to enhance Gor's body, thus the roggwart was covered in thick armor and two pairs of cybernetic limbs were attached to his back.
After General Grievous suffered a series of defeats at the hands of the Jedi, a desire to reassess the cyborg's effectiveness grew within Count Dooku. The Count lured Republic forces to Grievous' castle and remotely deactivated the general's IG-100 MagnaGuards; this left no one to feed Gor. Hungry, the roggwart shrieked as Kit Fisto, Nahdar Vebb, and a squad of clone troopers led by Commander Fil infiltrated his master's lair.
Upon returning to his castle, General Grievous (who did not yet know of Dooku's plan to test him) was ambushed by Fisto, Vebb, and the clones. The Republic forces severely damaged Grievous; before beginning the necessary repairs to his body, the general released Gor to "play" with his uninvited guests. While Gor managed to kill Commander Fil, briefly overpower Nahdar Vebb, and even disarm Kit Fisto, the roggwart ultimately met his end when the Nautolan used a lightsaber to stab him in the throat.
Fully repaired by the time of Gor's death, General Grievous was greatly upset by the revelation of his pet's murder.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Well that was something."
- ―A clone trooper, upon hearing Gor's shriek
Gor was a predatory, non-sentient beast that possessed large, sharp teeth and twin horns that curved downward from the top of his head. Gor had a long, prehensile tail that he used to impale his foes, and he also had long claws on his hands and feet. The roggwart was quite muscular; his thick hide was capable of withstanding blaster shots and modest lightsaber wounds. A chest plate protected Gor's vital organs, while a durable helmet shielded his brain. Gor shrieked loudly when hungry, and he was quite aggressive.
Behind the scenesEdit
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, pg. 60 (Excerpt: Later in the war, [Kit Fisto] trails General Grievous to the third moon of Vassek, only to find his team trapped inside Grievous's fortress, where he witnesses his former Padawan Nahdar Vebb lose his life to Grievous's pet roggwart.)