6 - 30 meters
Homeworld unknown, colony on Endor
- "I still remember seeing the starship. It roared like a Gorax in the sky, trailing smoke and flame."
Biology and cultureEdit
It was unknown if the Gorax were actually native to Endor, although Lyrre T'enna seemed to favor this theory, believing that the gravitic pull of the planet Endor on its moon allowed for native species to grow to incredible sizes. Other scientists believed the Gorax originated on the homeworld of the Phlogs, another gigantic species found on the moon, and that both the Gorax and Phlogs were introduced to the moon by the crashed slave caravel Sickly Tremor.
Humanoid in appearance, adult Gorax were usually over six meters tall. Some specimens were recorded that were up to 30 meters in height. Their bodies were covered in thick, matted fur, which was black, brown, or sometimes gray in color. Their hairless faces were dominated by protruding lower jaws and heavy brows. Inexplicably, some Gorax had hoof-like feet, while others had long toes, and either a long, narrow heel, or a backward pointing fourth toe. Though they were omnivorous, their pointed teeth were well adapted to eating meat. They had wide, long, and pointed ears that were highly sensitive to noises made by small animals. Though their hearing was strong, their eyesight was weak. Bright light pained them, making them nocturnal hunters.
Powerful but primitive, Gorax had only recently developed sentience, and their technology was crude even in comparison to the Ewoks. They were limited to simple items such as clubs, stone axes, animal-skin clothing, and the like. They communicated by making grumbling noises. Gorax were solitary creatures, but they did domesticate boar-wolves (usually by killing a mother boar-wolf and stealing a newborn pup). They also made raids on Ewok villages, where they smashed through walls to capture Ewoks. Gorax took Ewoks both for food and to be kept in a hanging cage in a Gorax lair as pets. Luckily for the Ewoks, Gorax were not a common species, with fewer than two dozen estimated to reside on Endor.
Gorax in the galaxyEdit
One particular Gorax dwelled on high crags beyond the Desert of Salma, which was far from the Endor forests. His home was a rearing spider-infested cavern built beneath a mountain fortress. It is unclear who built the fortress, if it was not built by the Gorax himself. This Gorax kidnapped two Humans who had crash-landed on Endor, Catarine and Jeremitt Towani. Their children, Mace and Cindel, rescued them with the help of a group of Ewoks from Bright Tree Village (including Deej Warrick and his sons Wicket, Willy, and Weechee Warrick). During the rescue mission, the Towani children and the Ewok warriors killed the giant by making him fall into one of the many chasms in his fortress.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game (As a taxidermy bust)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (First appearance)
- X-wing: Rogue Leader 1
- "Marooned"—Star Wars Tales 22
- Dark Apprentice
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- "Another Spin Around the Galaxy" — Star Wars Galaxy 5
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- "Star Wars Kids Feature Planet: Endor"—Star Wars Kids 6
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Endor and the Moddell Sector
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (END2, The Forest Moon of Endor)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 109 (END13, Endor Wildlife)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 7
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "A Long Time Ago...."—Star Wars Insider 107
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 4 (Card: Amy Pronovost sketch card)
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110
- (Picture only)
- "Memoirs of an Ewok"—Star Wars Insider 143 (Picture only)
- "Creature Creator"—Star Wars Insider 147