|Chronological and political information|
- "Friends and fellow humans—I bring you a warning! A warning of a great plague spreading across our planet! Please, listen to me!"
Gorton Colu was a Human male who lived on the planet Taris. He was the creator of the Anti-Alien League, an organization that lobbied for the slaughter of all non-Humans living on Taris, and spent time in the Upper City promoting his beliefs. In 3,956 BBY, Colu met with Galactic Republic soldiers Carth Onasi and Revan and attempted to convince them to join his cause.
- "Listen, friend, for these are dark times. That is why I, Gorton Colu, have formed the Anti-Alien League. The time has come for action! We cannot sit idly by while aliens blight our glorious planet!"
Gorton Colu was a male Human who lived on the Outer Rim world of Taris. An elderly man by 3,956 BBY, he was the founder of the Anti-Alien League, an organization dedicated to the eradication of all non-Human sentients on Taris. Having obtained all proper permits to spread his message from the Sith who were governing the planet at the time, Colu spent some of his time in the north of the Upper City, publicly voicing his opinions and advertising his league to all who would stop to listen. He made particular mention of species such as Wookiees, Ithorians, Rodians, and Bith, all of whom he described as hideous. However, he was dismissed as a madman by most of the civilian population.
In 3,956 BBY, Colu was approached in the Upper City by Galactic Republic soldiers Revan and Carth Onasi. Colu told the duo about his beliefs, asking them to join the League and spread the word of an impending "day of reckoning" to others. Revan later returned with two of his companions—Zaalbar, a Wookiee, and Mission Vao, a Twi'lek. Both non-Humans taunted Colu, enraging him with their very presence.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "You are like all the rest! You will not see the truth! On the day of reckoning you will suffer with the rest of the alien lovers!"
Colu was extremely speciecist, believing that all non-Humans were a plague upon his beautiful homeworld of Taris. He thought that the Sith Empire would support his campaign to exterminate all aliens and make Humans who tolerated their existence suffer for their ignorance. He eagerly awaited a "day of reckoning," when Taris would be rid of aliens, but feared that continued inaction would lead to Taris becoming irreversibly overrun. Even though most of the general public disliked non-Humans, they considered Colu crazy, and wondered why the Sith hadn't yet imprisoned him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "You're right! We should slaughter the whole bunch of them!"
"Yes, my fellow human! You have seen the light! Gorton Colu has marked your face—I will remember you when the time to destroy the aliens and the alien-lovers is upon us!"
- ―Revan and Colu, in a possible dialogue option
Colu's first canonical appearance is as a non-player character in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game, in which the player, Revan, can interact with him. The player can either choose to side with Colu and join the Anti-Alien League or call Colu crazy. However, the nature of the conversation is such that it does not progress any plot, nor does it change the player's alignment. Therefore, it is undetermined whether Revan ever interacted with Colu and, if so, what form the conversation took.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Knights of the Old Republic: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Under Colu, Gorton)