|Chronological and political information|
- "Wrrhwrwwhw uughghhhgh uuh huuguughghg, raaaaaahhgh uughghhhgh huuguughghg. Aguhwwgggghhh uughguughhhghghghhhgh wrrhw."
- ―Grakchawwaa, in response to criticism that the Royal Families are not adequately protecting Kashyyyk's moons
Grakchawwaa was the dominant figure and deciding voice on the council that met in the Royal City at the outbreak of the Clone Wars in 21 BBY, but while he was apparently the most important ruler on the planet, he represented only one of several Kashyyyk Royal Families, and the exact parameters of his preeminence are unclear from surviving evidence.
Despite being courted by both the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Grakchawwaa initially opted to maintain a course of neutrality for the Wookiees. However, when battle droids sent by Grievous killed his son, Prince Rikummee, he decided to join with the Republic. He was challenged by Quaagan, who aided the Confederate commander Asajj Ventress. Grakchawwaa may have enlisted the aid of a Jedi Padawan to hunt down the traitor.
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
- Deep Forest (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Scrapbook (Picture only)
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- "The Wookiees Are Back!"—Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith DVD
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Grakchawwaa, King")
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- "Blood Feud!"—Star Wars Insider 124 (Picture only)
- "Rogues Gallery: Wookiee Warriors!"—Star Wars Insider 141
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.49
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 20
- (Picture only)