| Biographical information
|Chronological and political information|
- "Yes, he's a prince, our jailer, isn't he?"
- ―Luke Skywalker, regarding Grammel
Grammel earned a reputation as a ruthless, sadistic officer, routinely torturing prisoners, whether he needed to or not.
However, the two prisoners managed to escape from custody with the help of two Yuzzem, Hin and Kee, and their fellow Human Halla. During the chaos, Grammel was injured in an explosion resulting in a significant portion of his face being burned, his right arm having to be "re-formed" and his ear damaged. Upon Darth Vader's arrival, the Sith Lord was disappointed with Grammel over his failure to prevent them from escaping. Worse, Vader took over the command of Grammel's troops.
Grammel was ordered to seize the Rebel Alliance leaders, a task he failed to complete. Despite — or perhaps as a result of — his pleas and excuses, Grammel was bisected by Darth Vader's lightsaber for his incompetence.
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First appearance)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 (Mentioned only)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 2
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 3
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 4
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion